Texas Gay Pride Calendar 2017 – Houston Pride – Dallas Pride – Austin Pride – San Antonio Pride
Gay Pride festivals around Texas have always been provided a great opportunity for LGBTQ Lone Star residents to share a sense of solidarity and – to be sure – let their hair down and march, dance, eat, drink, and celebrate.
Since marriage equality became the law of the land, and scores of the state’s half-million-plus LGBTQ residents are now exchanging vows, Pride celebrations Texas have taken on an extra sense of affirmation and joy. If you are in the wedding-planning stages, you may also want to make a special effort to attend some of the state’s key Pride festivals for research purposes, as many of these events feature expos and markets where local businesses – some who provide wedding services – appear. Of course, another excellent resource is our comprehensive Texas Gay Wedding Resource Guide.
One nice aspect of Pride festivals in Texas as that communities around the state consistently avoid staging their events on the same weekend.
Here’s a 2017 calendar of Texas Gay Pride festivals, along with details on a handful of celebrations in the neighboring states of New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana. The events below are listed in chronological order.
- Eureka Springs Spring Diversity Weekend – Apr. 7–9, 2017
- South Padre Island Spring Splash – Apr. 27–30, 2017
- Houston Splash Black Gay Pride – May 4–8, 2017
- El Paso Sun City Gay Pride – Early June 2017
- Tulsa Oklahoma Gay Pride – June 3, 2017
- Conway Arkansas Gay Pride – June 4, 2017
- Albuquerque New Mexico Gay Pride – June 9–10, 2017
- New Orleans Louisiana Gay Pride – June 9–11, 2017
- North Texas Gay Pride (in Plano)– June 10, 2017
- Baton Rouge Louisiana Gay Pride – June 17, 2017
- Northwest Arkansas Gay Pride (in Fayetteville) – June 17–25, 2017
- Houston Gay Pride – June 18–25, 2017
- Oklahoma City Gay Pride – June 23–25, 2017
- Pride in the Park (in McAllen) – June 24, 2017
- San Antonio Gay Pride – July 1, 2017
- Eureka Springs Arkansas Summer Diversity Weekend – Aug. 4–5, 2017
- Taos New Mexico Gay Pride – Aug. 11–12, 2017
- Austin Gay Pride – Aug. 26–Sept. 1, 2017
- New Orleans Southern Decadence – Aug. 30–Sept. 4, 2017
- Santa Fe New Mexico Gay Pride – Sept. 15–17, 2017
- Dallas Gay Pride – Sept. 16–17, 2017
- Southern New Mexico Gay Pride (in Las Cruces) – Late Sept. 2017
- Tarrant County Gay Pride in Fort Worth – Oct. 4–15, 2017
- Dallas Black Gay Pride (aka Dallas Southern Pride) – Oct. 5–8, 2017
- Little Rock Arkansas Gay Pride – Mid-Oct. 2017
- South Padre Island Fall Splash – Mid-Oct. 2017