Destination weddings have become increasingly popular and destination wedding etiquette will help with the planning of this unique event. Usually, the bride and groom choose a place to get married, like a cruise ship, or a hotel in Las Vegas! These places organize everything for you and all you have to do is to show up and get married. Very simple … as long as you take into account these guidelines.
Destination Wedding Etiquette
Here are some Destination Wedding Etiquette points to keep in mind:
1) Your guests’ budget. Your guests will have to pay for their travel expenses. Make it easier for them and find the best rates in airfare, car rentals, etc. If you have a group of people coming from the same location, you may be able to negotiate a group rate with the airline.
2) The hotel accommodations of the guests are the responsibility of the bride and groom. Invite only the people you want to be with you at your wedding. If your guests choose a different hotel, let them know the expenses will be their responsibility.
3) Send your wedding invitations or “save the date” cards earlier than planned, so your guests can make travel arrangements with no problem.
4) Prepare a package with brochures and recommendations of what to do while in town. Send it to your guests in advance so they can plan accordingly. Also, let them know that, while you will pay for one or two nights of their hotel, a longer stay will be their responsibility.
5) Let your guests know about the dress code for your wedding. Some couples have their wedding at the beach and prefer their guests to dress in white or off-white. If your wedding has a theme, be specific in the dress code you give your attendants with some room for flexibility, of course.
Let your family and close friends know why you decided to have a destination wedding. Make them part of your excitement!
Considering a destination wedding?
Then you will want to consider the Hill Country of Central Texas. With warm sun, great beaches, and a wonderful family atmosphere, there is nothing like the Texas Hill Country to serve as your romantic backdrop to your dream destination wedding. Dripping Springs Wedding Guide will supply you with everything you need to know about the Outer Banks and what you need to know to make your perfect destination wedding come true!